Current Open Positions
Operations Intern - San Francisco, CA
CW Stockwell is seeking an Operations Intern to work at our headquarters in San Francisco’s Design District. This position will work closely with CW Stockwell’s CEO and Head of Business Development, helping ensure daily operations run smoothly, and assisting with administrative duties across all areas of the business.
This role will require the wearing of many hats, and the ideal candidate should be as comfortable knee-deep in a spreadsheet as he/she is ironing gorgeous hand-printed fabrics - no day will be like the one before it.
This is a part time job, starting at about 15-20 hours per week with the potential for growth. This is an in-office position, based at our proprietary showroom and office.
What We’re Looking For:
This role demands a high level of organization, openness to direction and feedback, excellent communication skills and a calm demeanor (with a great sense of humor!). The ideal candidate is a self-starter with proven success managing multiple tasks at any given time. This person should have a passion for design and be highly skilled in verbal and written communication as well as time management. Additionally, this person should display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion. This person’s ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Sample Inventory and Distribution :
- Manage on-site sample inventory and place replenishment orders as needed
- Fulfill daily customer sample orders and follow up with customers after receipt
- Manage all third-party and proprietary showroom display needs in support of ongoing business as well as to deliver new product introductions
Customer Communications & Order Processing :
- Process orders for third-party showrooms as well as consumer and interior designer customers via Quickbooks and Shopify
- Respond to all customer inquiries via email and phone
- Create estimates for customers + follow-up on those estimates in a timely matter
Business Development & Website Management :
TRADE PROGRAM & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Process and certify new membership requests for CW Stockwell’s Trade Program
- Support Head of Business Development with special projects/initiatives to help grow business
- Initiate new customer follow-up and maintaining communication cadence
WEBSITE & CUSTOMER DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Assist with customer database management and maintenance across multiple software platforms
- Photo Asset Management : Reaching out to designers and direct customers for install images to be used for marketing collateral/website needs
- Assist with and maintain an organized digital asset library for all CWS imagery
In-Person Showroom Management :
- Order and Manage all office supply inventory including shipping supplies and brand collateral
- Ensure showroom is kept functional, tidy and always customer-ready; these tasks would include things like replenishing office refrigerator and watering plants
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Position requires minimum 3+ years work experience (Ideally some of this experience is related to the design world)
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive projects efficiently
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace Applications
- Exposure to and understanding of software platforms such as Shopify, Hubspot, Klaviyo would be an asset
Job: Operations Intern
Primary Location: San Francisco
Schedule: Part-time employment
Join Our Team:
- Fair Compensation: We're committed to providing ethical treatment and fair pay for our employees and a modern, delightful service experience to our customers.
- Supportive Work Environment: We provide a safe and respectful work environment for all CWS employees. The smiles, great tunes, delicious snacks and all around good vibes aren't bad either!
- Eligibility for Employee Discount after 3 months: Generous discount on all CW Stockwell product
- Meaningful Career Opportunities: Joining our team as an operations intern is just the first step. We arm our team with proprietary training, frequent feedback, and with our fast-paced growth, the environment will be rich with opportunities for rapid advancement.
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About CW Stockwell:
We're a California-based, family-run heritage wallpaper and textile brand - now in its fourth generation. We're delighted to have brought this brand into the 21st century, with collections drawn from & inspired by our rich archives of over 115 years. We continue to treasure our brand's long-standing values of quality and craft; the spirit of insouciant, not-so-serious design, and an emphasis long-placed on innovation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At CW Stockwell, our goal is to be a diverse workplace and to increase the representation of BIPOC members within the design community. We welcome applications from people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and/or foreign-born residents.